We ensure that clients understand the effects of HIV on their body, their treatment options, and the side effects of medication. The coordination and follow-up of medical treatments are components of a Treatment Education and Advocacy. These services ensure timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services and continuity of care, through ongoing assessment of the client’s and other key family members’ needs and personal support systems. Treatment Advocacy includes the provision of Treatment Adherence Counseling to ensure readiness for, and adherence to, complex HIV/AIDS medication.
Key activities include:
(1) Initial assessment of service needs
(2) Development of a comprehensive, individualized service plan (ISP)
(3) Coordination of services required to implement the plan
(4) Client monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan
(5) Periodic re-evaluation and adaptation of the plan as necessary over the health of the client.
For additional information please contact Romina Tejeda, Director of Care Services at (323) 727-7896 ext 105 or at email@example.com